Coconut Carrot Muffins
These muffins are packed with healthy ingredients and are super tasty! They make a great snack or dessert 😋
Recipe makes 12 muffins.
2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
6 Tbsp water
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 medium apple, shredded (peeled and cored)
2 cups shredded carrot (about 3 medium carrots)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseed and water. Let sit for several minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 12 muffin tin cups with cupcake liners.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten-free all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In the medium bowl with the flaxseed mixture, add in mashed banana, vanilla extract, oil, maple syrup and shredded coconut, stirring to combine. Stir in shredded apple and shredded carrot.
4. Then gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake for 25 min or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
6. Let cool then enjoy 😊